Wednesday, December 19, 2018

A NOTE JUST ADDED


Friends, more than two years ago I had posted the story of Lakshmana Kumara here but was very uneasy about the ending of that episode - it can indeed be emotionally very unsettling to write about God not honouring His assurance to His devotee. In the context of Sarala Mahabharata, which Sarala himself called “Vishnu Purana”, this, I felt, was quite odd. That disquiet had troubled me off and on during these two years but I couldn’t just return to the episode until last week, thanks to Ms. Ankita Pandey's post on Lashmana Kumara in her blog on Hindi Sarala Mahabharata. A resolution of my problem occurred to me and I have posted it as “Note” to the post “Lakshmana Kumara”. Would you kindly have a look?

2 comments:

sujatha said...

Is there an English translation for Sarala das mahabharata?

B.N.Patnaik said...

Not yet.

Only Nari Parva and Musali Parva have been translated into English by Professor Jatin K. Nayak (retired professor of English, Utkal University). I do not know for certain whether the complete translation of the former has been published. Probably it has been - in the journal of Central Sahitya Akademi, New Delhi. I do not know about the publication of Nari Parva.

Thanks for your question.